Five Valleys Ecology hold specialisms in aquatic and terrestrial botanical surveys, and vegetation description and analysis.
We have capability to undertake detailed surveys of a wide range of terrestrial and aquatic habitats, and analyses of vegetation datasets including:
- Detailed botanical surveys including the National Vegetation Classification (NVC) methodology;
- Hedgerow surveys using the Hedgerow Regulations 1997 methodology;
- Aquatic plant surveys including the Mean Trophic Rank (MTR) methodology;
- Multivariate statistical analysis of vegetation datasets using TWINSPAN and ordination with DECORANA;
- Analysis and interpretation of vegetation data using Ellenberg Indicator Values;
- Spatial analysis of vegetation datasets using Geographic Information Systems (GIS); and
- Vegetation description and analysis using the Braun-Blanquet school of phytosociology.